Position Title: Substitute Nurse
Location: Indiana/Monroeville Schools
The nurse is responsible for overseeing and implementing the health program in the school and extended school year programs. The nurse focuses on the needs of both the individual student and program setting. The nurse is responsible for the delivery of health services, including the medication management program and advocating for the health rights of children.
• Current licensure by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania as a Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse.
• Must have a minimum of one year of experience providing nursing services to children.
Responsibilities: (overview-not inclusive of all duties)
• Provide first-aid care as needed and document appropriately.
• Manage medical emergencies and communicate with family members, emergency medical personnel and/or the child’s physician regarding the event of the medical emergency.
• Collect and ensure medical history, physical exams and vaccinations are current for all students.
• Communicate and/or collaborate as necessary with parents/guardians pharmacists, physicians and/or other members of the child’s healthcare team.
• Collaborate with personnel, families and other members of the team to develop an Individualized Health Plan consistent with the specific medical needs of the child.
• Administer prescribed medications and monitor the effectiveness of the medication.
• Ensure corresponding physician orders are on file for prescribed medications.
If interested in this position please contact: